Finally the beta is now stable enough!
New things in this build:
- There is now a command bar at the bottom of the screen for issuing halt, walk, run commands for selected units as well as hold and fire commands for missile units.
- The map editor tools has also moved to the command bar, and there is now support for undo/redo. And tapping other user interface buttons no longer modifies the map underneath.
- Double tap a unit to activate multi-unit selections. You can then select additional units to move/command them all at once.
- Because of the new command bar and multi-unit selections, there have been slight changes to the command gestures: for example double-tap then move will still cause the unit to run, but to halt you now need to use the Halt command button. I hope the new gestures are intuitive and easy to use, but please try it out and give feedback.
- I’ve also made some performance improvements, and the game should now run in 60 fps on most modern devices. On older devices, there are still room for improvements and I will need to continue optimise the code. If you get anything less than 30 fps, please report what os and device you’re using.
And as always, please report bugs, glitches and feedback here, and help me improve this game.