Join our server

The bronze age collapse

So, I created a topic about the Sengoku Jidai where we can talk about and discuss stuff about or related to the Sengoku Jidai, Kamakura, Muromachi, and Edo periods. As an Egyptian, I wanted a topic about the good ol’ days of my nation, Egypt. So I decided to create this topic about the BRONZE AGE COLLAPSE, or simply any Ancient history that occurred before like, say the battle of Megido or the battle of Kadesh. Hope you enjoy these discussions :smiley:

Anyone who knows anything about this topic, or something related to it, don’t be afraid to post it here

I’m afraid I don’t know much about that time period, but reading a little about Kadesh go me curious. From my point of view, the question that comes to mind is: how would one model the warfare of that period? what weapon systems did they have and how did they combine them? what kind of units would there be in a mod?

I am more than happy to Explain. :slight_smile:
Look warfare during the Bronze age collapse and during the battle of Kadesh is based on one very powerful and important yet expensive weapon, that being the Chariots. Chariots were first used when Pharaoh Ahmos l finnaly defeated the Heksos (who occupied most of Egypt at that point) using this new weapon in 1580 BC. And established the 18th Dynasty of Egypt, which was the first dynasty of the new kingdom of Egypt. You can say that the Chariots during the late bronze age were like the Dreadnoughts in the early 20th century. Of course, chariots were used on a massive scale later on, including when Egypt, led by Thuhotmos lll was fighting in the battle of Megido, which was an Egyptian victory, and in Kadesh led by Ramses ll, as well as other occasions. Yet, Egypt wasn’t the only nation who used Chariots. Their bitter rivals, the Hittites used it, the Myceaneans of Greece used it, the Assyrians used it. By the time of the collapse all nations, including Egypt and the Hittite empire, the two strongest powers, owned and used war Chariots

1 Like

Interesting, currently the simulation engine can’t represent fighting vehicles, but I’ve started thinking about how to design that.

1 Like

I am happy that you found it interesting, I encourage you to read more about it :slight_smile:

We re-watched the movie Gladiator with the family the other day. Not bronze age, not a proper battle, but some nice action scenes with chariots anyway

Nice, I don’t really watch alot of films but still pretty interesting