Join our server

The Sengoku Jidai: The age of warring states

Welcome to the Sengoku Jidai, here we can talk about anything related to or in the Sengoku Jidai, anyone who wants to talk about this, very interesting period, can talk in the replies as he wishes, Enjoy :smiley:

2 Likes

Got it

Anyone who knows anything about the Sengoku Jidai or even the Kamakura, Muromachi, and Edo periods, don’t be afraid to post this information here

I just started watching AGE OF SAMURAI documentary series on Netflix, only seen the first episode but looks good so far.

1 Like

Do you like Smaurai history? If yes I recommend checking out the Shogunate channel on YouTube, they did amazing job covering the Sengoku Jidai and many other Samurai topics ( samurai films, games, history, etc…)

Thanks for the tip, looks like a really interesting channer. His review of AGE OF SAMURAI wasn’t that favorable.

Yeah, I know, but his channel is extremely informative and interesting, I hope you enjoy it

Who wants to take about any of the Sengoku Jidai battles, like the conflicts at Kawanakajima, battle of Okehzama, Battle of Anegawa, battle of Nagashino, Or any other battle?

The Battle of Okehazama is absolutely one of my favorite battles of the Sengoku Jidai. Oda Nobunaga, the lord of the small Oda Clan, launches a surprise night attack against Imagawa Yoshimoto, the lord of the large and powerful Imagawa Clan, and absolutely decimates Yoshimoto’s army like weeds to a scythe.

I personally Love it as well

You can divide the Sengkou Jidai into two parts, before Okehzama and after it

I am sorry, I was a bit busy, Date Masamune

Okehzama was a miracle, the tiny Oda force ranging from 2,000 till 3,000 men, completely destroyed the massive Imagawa army of 25,000 men and killed Imagawa Yoshimoto. It is also one of the biggest “What ifs” of the Sengoku Jidai and Japanese history, like what if Imagawa Yoshimoto succeed in crushing the Oda as excepted, who knows what could have happened.

There’s actually a few things that make it even more impressive of a victory. Nobunaga attacked Yoshimoto’s camp of about 5,000 men, which were then whittled down to only 300. In only 15 minutes the battle was over and Yoshimoto was killed by Toyotomi Hideyoshi.

1 Like

Yeah, that was impressive

Oh, I didn’t know that Hideyoshi actually killed Yoshimoto, thanks for the Information

It was the element of surprise and the fact that the Imagawa were caught completely of guard, and were extremely unprepared, were the key for Nobunaga’s stunning victory

Netflix now has a seris about the Samurai

Yes, it has

Who wants to talk about the battles of Kawanakajima (Especially the fourth one)?